- 9 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken Thighs
"Simple and delicious."
"easy and delicious! Followed the directions exactly with the exception of broiling the chicken thighs, because I was in a hurry. I literally threw frozen chicken thighs into the slow cooker, poured the sauce over it and forgot it for five hours. The chicken was moist and tender, with plenty of sauce to go around! I did thicken the sauce a bit by taking 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and whisking in 1 tablespoon of flour and then returned it to the slow cooker. Served it with hot buttered rice and corn on the cob. Will definitely make this again. I bet this would be great with pork chops too!"
"This Was Delicious!! would be great on pork chops........ will definitely be making this again!"
"This was good, but not fabulous. I think I'm going to use a better bbq sauce.....I just used an off brand and that was probably stupid of me, lol! But it didn't sit well with my tummy. Not the recipes fault....."
"This is a wonderful weeknight dish. It's great to come home from work and have this all ready to go. I like serving it with rice pilaf. The sauce is so good!"
"Awesome and delicious and can be adjusted for a smaller family"
"My husband and step son love this! easy and great taste!"
"Great taste and very tender! Used boneless chicken thighs instead and cook for 4 1/2 hours on low."