Saucy Chicken Thighs Recipe
More Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes »
- 9 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken Thighs
Sort By :
"Great taste and very tender! Used boneless chicken thighs instead and cook for 4 1/2 hours on low."
"Surprisingly these have a smoky flavor even though they are cooked in the slow cooker all day. The chicken does just fall off the bone. The meat is very moist. We used sweet baby ray's bbq sauce. Very good, extremely easy. This dish went well with corn on the cob and mac and cheese."
"I will definitely make this again. My husband commented several times about how good this was. The recipe was very easy to prepare and very economical."
"Have made this recipe many times....always well received. Great when you might be expecting more folks for dinner. Ever since we first tried this I always use this recipe anytime I use bbq sauce...was awesome on ribs."
"This was fall off the bone moist and tasted very good. I would definitely make this again. II didn't need 9 pieces so I cut the recipe down to 4 pieces and used half of the recipes ingredients for the sauce. I also browned both sides of the thighs in a fry pan before cooking this in the oven on 350 for 30 min and then turning it down to 170 and keeping it warm in a 3 quart covered pan for about 1 hour until I was ready to serve dinner. My husband doesn't usually like BBQ chicken but we both enjoyed this very much. Thank you for restoring his faith in BBQ chicken."