Saucy Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Cut chicken breast in 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips. Melt butter in a large skillet; add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings.
- 2. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms to the pan; saute until crisp-tender. Return chicken to skillet. In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove chicken to a warm platter. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to sauce. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 225 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,047 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer