Saucy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the soups, sour cream, wine, onion, mushrooms and seasoning. Arrange chicken over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over noodles or rice. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 397 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 1035mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken Casserole
"I can't believe this got negative reviews! My family loves this meal and it's become a monthly regular for us."
"was not good..will never make agin...."
"Easy and pretty good but not great. Was worth making though bc it was easy, filling and good. I will make it again when I need something easy and with leftovers for lunch the next day."
"Delicious. I made this for our families Christmas Eve dinner and it was a big hit. Everyone loved it from the men to the grandchildren. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast and I marinated them prior to putting them in the dish to bake. chicken was moist and flavorful. Made great leftover's, too."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.