- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Cooked noodles or rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the soups, sour cream, wine, onion, mushrooms and seasoning. Arrange chicken over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over noodles or rice. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken Casserole
"I can't believe this got negative reviews! My family loves this meal and it's become a monthly regular for us."
"was not good..will never make agin...."
"Delicious. I made this for our families Christmas Eve dinner and it was a big hit. Everyone loved it from the men to the grandchildren. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast and I marinated them prior to putting them in the dish to bake. chicken was moist and flavorful. Made great leftover's, too."