“Sometimes I make this simple dish lighter by using reduced-fat sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. For variety, try another veggie mix," writes Ruth Stallings from Spokane, Washington.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 10-14 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic salt, onion powder and thyme. Drain chicken and vegetables; add soup mixture and stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss the bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Chicken and Florets in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken and Florets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2012
"I used fresh cauliflower florets and it was excellent. I might just cook the cauliflower for a couple minutes before adding the chicken if I use fresh again."