“Sometimes I make this simple dish lighter by using reduced-fat sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. For variety, try another veggie mix," writes Ruth Stallings from Spokane, Washington.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 10-14 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, garlic salt, onion powder and thyme. Drain chicken and vegetables; add soup mixture and stir to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss the bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over chicken. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Chicken and Florets in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p28
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken and Florets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2012
"I used fresh cauliflower florets and it was excellent. I might just cook the cauliflower for a couple minutes before adding the chicken if I use fresh again."