Saucy Chicken and Asparagus Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- If desired, partially cook asparagus; drain. Place the asparagus in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Chicken and Asparagus(22)
Sort By :
My husband really liked it and always ask's me to make it which is nice because he is a great cook and always has a twist as to what he would have done different but not this one.
This was my very first recipe that I made from Taste Of Home over 20 yrs ago and has become one of my families old time favorites.
Really good! Didn't have curry so I substituted 1/4 tsp cumin + 1/4 tsp garlic pepper. We love garlic so I added 2 heaping tbsp minced garlic to the soup mixture. It turned out great.
My mom has made this dish for years and it has been my favorite since I was little!
Pretty good, however, for those of you have not tried it, the Chicken Asparagus Divan is much better!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Asparagus Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >