Saucy Chicken and Asparagus
You won't believe how delicious, yet how easy this dish is. We tasted it for the first time when our son's godparents made it for us. Even my grandmother—who's 95 years old—likes to serve this creamy dish for luncheons with friends! —Vicki Schlechter, Davis, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- If desired, partially cook asparagus; drain. Place the asparagus in a
- greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a skillet over medium heat,
- brown the chicken in oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken over asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour
- over chicken. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until the
- chicken is tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese. Let
- stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 591 calories, 44 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,266 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.