- 1/2 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Add in the flour, bouillon, pepper and salt; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken A La King in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p166
Reviews for Saucy Chicken A La King
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review