Saucy Cherry Meatballs Recipe
Water chestnuts lend a crunch to these moist ground beef and pork sausage meatballs. The baked bites are glazed with a sweet sauce made with cherry pie filling. "They're perfect for potlucks or parties," notes Marina Castle-Henry of Burbank, California.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 slices bread, crusts removed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the milk, soy sauce, bread cubes, garlic salt and onion powder. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Stir in water chestnuts. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; place meatballs in pan. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened. Add meatballs; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Saucy Cherry Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC