Saucy Broccoli Casserole
"This saucy casserole won Grand Champion in the heart healthy contest at a local fair last year," reports Rhonda Sells of Strafford, Missouri. "Its tempting appearance makes folks want to dig right in."
7 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place broccoli in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Combine soup and lemon juice; pour over broccoli. Toss
- stuffing and margarine; sprinkle over soup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.