Saucy Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook pork in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4. Remove chops from skillet. Saute onion in remaining butter and oil for 1 minute. Return pork to the pan; top with sauce. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 519 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 198mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Breaded Pork Chops
"Very tasty! Pork chops were not really tender. Maybe should cook a little longer than ten minutes, or use a different cut of chop. I will make again though. Sauce was barbecue-y and yummy?"
"It is a homemade sauce. Step 2 describes how to make it."
"I haven't actually made it yet b/c I'd like to know if the sauce is a homemade BBQ type? Thanks"