Saucy Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook pork in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4. Remove chops from skillet. Saute onion in remaining butter and oil for 1 minute. Return pork to the pan; top with sauce. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 519 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 198mg cholesterol, 804mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Saucy Breaded Pork Chops
"Very tasty! Pork chops were not really tender. Maybe should cook a little longer than ten minutes, or use a different cut of chop. I will make again though. Sauce was barbecue-y and yummy?"
"It is a homemade sauce. Step 2 describes how to make it."
"I haven't actually made it yet b/c I'd like to know if the sauce is a homemade BBQ type? Thanks"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.