Saucy Bow Ties and Broccoli Recipe
From Ogden, Utah, Kris Capener shares her secret recipe for getting the kids to eat their broccoli. “The tasty sauce and fun shape of the bow-tie pasta bring them back for second servings of this yummy, healthy dinner every time,“ she says.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 3-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, basil, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 13-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes. Drain; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Bow Ties and Broccoli in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p53
Reviews for Saucy Bow Ties and Broccoli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >