Saucy Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
These saucy sandwiches are great for a hungry crowd and easy to prepare. Once the meat is cooked, transfer to a slow cooker to keep warm until it’s time to serve. —Kim Wallace, Dennison, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 hard rolls, split
- Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan; bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 2 hours or until tender.
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- tomato puree, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and
- salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30
- minutes. Shred pork; add to the sauce and heat through. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 414 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.