Saucy Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds) cut up
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- 2. Set aside 1 cup for basting. Store remaining sauce in the refrigerator for another use.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with marinade; grill 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 686 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 2334mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Saucy Barbecued Chicken
"The sauce was just ok."
"An all american classic. The liquid smoke is a must."
"I decided to do a whole chicken on the grill using one of those beer can holders for chickens, I let the chicken settle in about 20 minutes of grilling and I started basting the chicken with the sauce until the juices ran clear to serve, what a beautiful and great tasting BBQ chicken made a easy way. I also have a upright poultry stand for my oven and tried the same way in my oven and it turned out great, I will not cut up a chicken for the BBQ again. - Joel"
"Could this be made in the oven?"
"Sounds delicious, but could this also be used in the oven or crock pot?"
"Sounds like my kind of meal. Wish I had some now."