Saucy Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup cola
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds) cut up
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- 2. Set aside 1 cup for basting. Store remaining sauce in the refrigerator for another use.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with marinade; grill 5-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear, turning and basting frequently with marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 686 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 2334mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (38g sugars, trace fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Saucy Barbecued Chicken
"The sauce was just ok."
"An all american classic. The liquid smoke is a must."
"I decided to do a whole chicken on the grill using one of those beer can holders for chickens, I let the chicken settle in about 20 minutes of grilling and I started basting the chicken with the sauce until the juices ran clear to serve, what a beautiful and great tasting BBQ chicken made a easy way. I also have a upright poultry stand for my oven and tried the same way in my oven and it turned out great, I will not cut up a chicken for the BBQ again. - Joel"
"Could this be made in the oven?"
"Sounds delicious, but could this also be used in the oven or crock pot?"
"Sounds like my kind of meal. Wish I had some now."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.