- 2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- In a large saucepan, mix the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Reserve 2 cups sauce for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally and brushing generously with remaining sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Barbecue Drumsticks
"This sauce is very sticky & sweet & very good. The recipe was easy to make. I don't have a grill so i baked mine in the oven. Watch the sauce carefully so that it doesn't burn while cooking."
"I really enjoyed these. The barbecue glaze was very tasty."