Saucy Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
These tangy beef sandwiches are a big hit with my family. I freeze the meat mixture in individual portions so we can have a quick meal on a hectic day.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + simmering
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into chunks
- 1-3/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 sandwich rolls, split
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until beef is tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove beef from sauce and shred; return to the sauce and heat
- through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.