My family enjoys these baked beans with corn bread, but they also round out any cookout. Canned pork and beans make preparation easy. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Saucy Baked Beans in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p211
Reviews forSaucy Baked Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2015
"We really liked these. I made a 1/2 recipe and there were plenty for our family of 4."
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2011
"Great recipe for making tasty baked beans quickly."