Saucy Asian Meatballs
Go ahead and help yourself to these peppery, sauced-up meatballs. Ground turkey moves them to the lighter side. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place turkey in a large bowl. Sprinkle with
- garlic, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and ginger; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake
- 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, tomato paste, molasses, pepper
- sauce and remaining soy sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 3-5
- minutes. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently to coat.
- Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatball equals 26 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a