- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place turkey in a large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and ginger; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls; place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, tomato paste, molasses, pepper sauce and remaining soy sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently to coat. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Saucy Asian Meatballs
Sort By :
"I know this would raise the calorie count, but could these be made with 85% lean ground beef and keep the flavor intended? Thanks for your help."
"I followed the recipe exactly, with two exceptions. I used grass-fed ground beef, and omitted the hot sauce (I have toddlers). I doubled everything since I needed a big batch.This recipe is delicious. I love the fact that the meatballs don't call for a lot of bread crumbs and eggs and such. Just some simple seasonings. They're delicious. And the sauce is wonderful, too. If you're serving these at a party and need to keep them warm over a period of time, you can add chicken broth to the sauce to keep it from drying out.Excellent recipe! Will make again!"
"These are really easy to make and delicious! I used ground chicken instead of ground turkey."
"my kids and husband love this recipe; I serve them over rice."