- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place turkey in a large bowl. Sprinkle with garlic, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and ginger; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls; place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, tomato paste, molasses, pepper sauce and remaining soy sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 3-5 minutes. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently to coat. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Saucy Asian Meatballs in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Saucy Asian Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
These are really easy to make and delicious! I used ground chicken instead of ground turkey.
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2010
my kids and husband love this recipe; I serve them over rice.