- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves and soup mix; spoon over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Saucy Apricot Chicken
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this dish. As there are only 2 at home to cook for, I did make a few adjustments but this recipe always turns out beautifully if you don't overcook. Thank you for a great recipe!
I also added russian dressing and only 1 jar of apricot. I cooked on low for 6-7 hrs and then served over whole grain brown rice. MMmmmmm!
I actually used one jar of apricot jelly, then, 1 bottle of Russian dressing, and the onion soup mix and chicken-- I cooked it for 6 hours in the slow cooker, because I used very large boneless skinless chicken breasts, and served it over jasmine rice-- it was great!
I could not find Apricot Preserves so I used Apricot Jelly. I would use only 1 jar next time and not cook the chicken for the required time. It was very good and will make it again
This is a good recipe, but makes way too much sauce for only the 24 oz (1 1/2 lbs) of chicken called for. Next time I will double the amount of chicken, which will feed us longer and make better use of the plethora of sauce.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >