Saucy Apple Pork Chops
"My mother gave me the recipe for these juicy pork chops oven-baked in a slightly sweet sauce," writes Amy Church of Camby, Indiana. This effortless entree is a snap to prepare and a tempting way to use up leftover applesauce.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and
- ginger; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In
- a skillet, brown pork chops in butter; place over applesauce
- mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until meat
- is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 267 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.