Saucepan Fudgies Recipe
It's hard to eat just one of these bite-size brownies. My boys like them a lot, so I often have some frozen cookie dough shaped into balls ready to pop into the oven.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar or additional sugar
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are set and tops crack. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 94 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC