Saucepan Fudgies Recipe
It's hard to eat just one of these bite-size brownies. My boys like them a lot, so I often have some frozen cookie dough shaped into balls ready to pop into the oven.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar or additional sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are set and tops crack. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Saucepan Fudgies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p110
Reviews for Saucepan Fudgies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fudge Brownie Recipes >
- Fudge Brownies >