—Dorelene Doddridge, Kirk, Colorado
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the biscuit mix, milk and egg until blended. Add nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Saucepan Brownies in Country Woman January/February 1994, p35
Reviews for Saucepan Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 1, 2015
"I prepared this recipe and I added 1 tsp. of vanilla extract to the batter! I did omit the nuts! I greased and floured the baking pan andbaked 25 to 30 minutes, using a cake tester to determine doneness!This recipe is a keeper for me! Thank you for sharing this recipe with the Taste of Home website! delowenstein"
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2012
"very moist and tasty!Everyone loved them!"