Swirled in tall glasses, the alternating blueberry and strawberry layers in this refreshing blended beverage will remind you of Saturn's rings. Even the garnish looks "spacey"!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ORBITAL GARNISH:
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved widthwise
- 6 unpeeled orange slices
- In a blender, combine frozen strawberries, 2 cups of orange juice and
- 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar. Cover and process until smooth; set
- aside. Rinse the blender container. Add blueberries and remaining
- juice and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Alternate layers of
- strawberry and blueberry in glasses; stir layers a few times to
- create a swirl. For garnish, thread a strawberry top, hulled side
- first, an orange slice and a strawberry tip, cut side first, through
- a drinking straw or stirring stick; place in glass. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 184 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.