Saturn Slush Recipe
Swirled in tall glasses, the alternating blueberry and strawberry layers in this refreshing blended beverage will remind you of Saturn's rings. Even the garnish looks "spacey"!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ORBITAL GARNISH:
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved widthwise
- 6 unpeeled orange slices
- 1. In a blender, combine frozen strawberries, 2 cups of orange juice and 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Rinse the blender container. Add blueberries and remaining juice and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Alternate layers of strawberry and blueberry in glasses; stir layers a few times to create a swirl. For garnish, thread a strawberry top, hulled side first, an orange slice and a strawberry tip, cut side first, through a drinking straw or stirring stick; place in glass. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 184 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC