- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ORBITAL GARNISH:
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled and halved widthwise
- 6 unpeeled orange slices
- In a blender, combine frozen strawberries, 2 cups of orange juice and 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar. Cover and process until smooth; set aside. Rinse the blender container. Add blueberries and remaining juice and sugar. Cover and blend until smooth. Alternate layers of strawberry and blueberry in glasses; stir layers a few times to create a swirl. For garnish, thread a strawberry top, hulled side first, an orange slice and a strawberry tip, cut side first, through a drinking straw or stirring stick; place in glass. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Saturn Slush in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p39
Reviews for Saturn Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review