Packed with a combination of flavorful ingredients, this heart healthy soup packs 15 g of fiber into each serving, and we're sure you'll go back for seconds! Edna Hoffman - Hebron, Indiana
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add the ginger, curry, garlic, cumin and coriander; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Add the water, broth and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-55 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Satisfying Lentil Soup in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p17
Reviews for Satisfying Lentil Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review