Satisfying Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the potatoes, onion, celery, carrot and yellow pepper in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Satisfying Chicken and Veggies
"Lots of veggies, but I would increase the carrots and reduce the onion if I were to make it again. And the cooking time is way off. It was on low, as instructed, for 3 hours and on high for two more and the potatoes still weren't done. The carrots were a little crunchy, but that was okay."
"This recipe sounds great. Love the use of all the vegetables. I will probably use family size package of chicken thighs. Thanks for the recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.