This beef stew is so hearty and tastes even better the next day—if there are leftovers! It goes great with corn bread or any crusty loaf. —Abbey Mueller, Enid, Oklahoma
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine water and flour; pour over beef. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Satisfying Beef Stew in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p77
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Satisfying Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review