Satay-Style Pork Stew Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first ten ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender. Skim fat; stir in peanut butter. Serve with rice if desired; top with onions and peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 519 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.