Sassy Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2-1/2 cups chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 2 cups fresh peas pods
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and orange peel; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat canola oil; stir-fry shrimp for 30 seconds. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan, stir-fry the carrot for 1 minute. Stir broth mixture and stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cabbage, peas, onions and shrimp mixture; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups stir-fry mixture (calculated without rice) equals 219 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sassy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.