- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 2-1/2 cups chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 2 cups fresh peas pods
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat canola oil; stir-fry shrimp for 30 seconds. Add ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the carrot for 1 minute. Stir broth mixture and stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cabbage, peas, onions and shrimp mixture; heat through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sassy Shrimp Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p19
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sassy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review