Sassy Pot Roast Recipe
I love walking into my home after a long day and smelling this lovely pot roast. You can add potatoes and carrots to round out the meal, and the leftover meat makes a comforting soup for the next night. —Susan Burkett, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. If desired, thicken cooking liquid. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef equals 243 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC