Sassy Chicken & Peppers Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until crisp-tender; stir in salsa and lime juice. Spoon mixture over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 239 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sassy Chicken & Peppers
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.