Sharing supper with a friend who’s watching his or her weight? Taco seasoning, salsa and a squirt of lime add up to a nice summery flavor for chicken—but a slim 239 calories for you! —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until crisp-tender; stir in salsa and lime juice. Spoon mixture over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sassy Chicken & Peppers in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p54
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sassy Chicken & Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review