Sassy Chicken & Peppers Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. In a small nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute onion and peppers in remaining oil until crisp-tender; stir in salsa and lime juice. Spoon mixture over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sassy Chicken & Peppers(5)
Sort By :
one more thing: It does not look like this picture. One could add even more peppers to this dish. The more the better.
My mom made this and I loved it! It tasted like candy! :) I couldnt get enough of it. You dont even miss any bread or tortilla flavor. Much less calories than most of the other recipes with these ingredients: chicken, salsa, green peppers. I am making this for Memorial Day when our friends are coming over. Serving it with home-made 4 cheese macaroni and cheese. Should comlpiment well!
This was very easy and delish!! I used the frozen grilled chicken instead of fresh and I'll do that next time too to cut down on cooking time. This would be good in a tortilla too. Will def. make agai.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >