Santa's Surprise Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
Cranberry-raspberry sauce is the luscious surprise tucked inside these mouthwatering muffins.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves and allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the molasses. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, cloves and allspice; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 2. Fill 16 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; spoon about 1-1/2 teaspoons cranberry-raspberry sauce over each. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 muffin equals 244 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Santa's Surprise Gingerbread Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC