Santa's Surprise Cookies Recipe
Every year we have about 30 guests at our home for Christmas Eve festivities. Out of all of the different cookies I make, these are the first to disappear.—Cheryl Smith, Jamestown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 55 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:72 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Dove dark chocolate candies
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a candy bar into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate candies and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 cookie equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC