Santa's Surprise Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Dove dark chocolate candies
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a candy bar into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate candies and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Santa's Surprise Cookies
"These are my family's favorite cookies. I've been making them for more than 15 years. I buy bags of mini candy bars and use different flavors, not just snickers, Milky Way is especially good!"
"My son and I make these for Santa every year it is pone of outr favorites."