Every year we have about 30 guests at our home for Christmas Eve festivities. Out of all of the different cookies I make, these are the first to disappear.—Cheryl Smith, Jamestown, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 packages (11-1/2 ounces each) miniature Snickers candy bars
- 1 package (9-1/2 ounces) Dove dark chocolate candies
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-1/4-in. balls. Press a candy bar into each; reshape balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate candies and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Santa's Surprise Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p54
Reviews for Santa's Surprise Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review