Santa's Sugar Cookies Recipe
My mom helped me make these yummy treats for Christmas. After we baked the cookies, I had fun dipping them into the melted chocolate and sprinkling on the peppermint candy pieces.—Mary Kate Schilter, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 14 peppermint candies, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate; sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Santa's Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC