My mom helped me make these yummy treats for Christmas. After we baked the cookies, I had fun dipping them into the melted chocolate and sprinkling on the peppermint candy pieces.—Mary Kate Schilter, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Recommended: 11 Santa-Shaped Treats
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 14 peppermint candies, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate; sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Santa's Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p28
Reviews for Santa's Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review