Santa's Coming Cookie Puzzle Recipe
This clever confection s easy to make with store-bought cookie dough and is entirely edible to boot! Blanched almonds make it simple for little hands to grasp the puzzle Pieces, which are completely removable.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Blanched almonds
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted food coloring, decorating gels and sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cookie dough and flour. On a parchment paper-lined surface, roll dough into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. With cookie cutters, cut out puzzle shapes. Slide a baking sheet under the parchment paper and dough. Chill for 5-10 minutes.
- 2. Remove shapes; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Place an almond on its side into the center of each shape for a handle. Bake shapes at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. While still warm, recut shapes with the same cookie cutters to form neat edges. (If cookies cool too quickly, return to oven until softened.) Remove to wire racks; cool.
- 3. Bake large rectangular puzzle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 12-13 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately recut the shapes inside the puzzle to form neat edges. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Tint frosting with food coloring as desired. Frost puzzle and shapes; decorate with decorating gel and sprinkles as desired. Place puzzle shapes inside puzzle. Yield: 1 cookie puzzle.
1 serving (1 each) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Santa's Coming Cookie Puzzle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC