Santa Pancakes Recipe
For a meal sure to make little eyes shine bright, try this adorable breakfast. The cinnamon-flavored pancakes feature cherries and whipped cream, so they look just like the jolly ol' elf himself. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 18 semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream in a can
- 1. In a large bowl, combine baking mix and cinnamon. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- 3. Place pancakes on individual plates. For Santa's eyes, place two banana slices on each pancake; top with a chocolate chip. For ears, cut remaining banana slices in half; place on either side of pancake. For nose, remove nine cherries from pie filling; place one in the center of each pancake. Spoon 1/4 cup pie filling above pancake for hat. Use whipped cream to spray the beard, hat brim and pom-pom. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC