Santa Fe Supper Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the zucchini, onion, 1 cup salsa, salt and pepper; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Add pepper Jack cheese and chilies to the rice. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over beef mixture; serve with rice and remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Santa Fe Supper
"I've made this many times over the past few years. It's quick, tasty, easy, and hearty. Sometimes I leave the rice plain. It's yummy either way!"