- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 teaspoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a blender. Add the green chilies, cilantro, jalapeno, jelly, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt and oregano; cover and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to the same pan; cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle steaks with cheese if desired; serve with green chili sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Santa Fe Strip Steaks
Sort By :
This is incredible! Could not find "red current jelly" so we used hot pepper jelly. Even our non meat eating son asked for more!
Incredible! Even our picky non meat eating 16 yr old enjoyed it!