- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 teaspoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir onion in oil over medium-high heat until tender. Transfer to a blender. Add the green chilies, cilantro, jalapeno, jelly, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, seasoned salt and oregano; cover and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to the same pan; cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle steaks with cheese if desired; serve with green chili sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Strip Steaks in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p22
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Santa Fe Strip Steaks(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >