Santa Fe Stew Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 beef eye round roast (2 to 3 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef on all sides. Stir in the remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 251 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein .
Reviews for Santa Fe Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.