As a mother who works full-time, I’m always looking for quick, easy meals to prepare. This is a timeless recipe. —Lorie VanHorn, Waddell, Arizona
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) four-cheese corkscrew pasta mix
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir the pasta, contents of seasoning packet, salsa, water, chili powder, salt and cayenne into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, adding more water if necessary. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with olives and cheese. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Santa Fe Skillet in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p47
Reviews for Santa Fe Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review