Santa Fe Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) four-cheese corkscrew pasta mix
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir the pasta, contents of seasoning packet, salsa, water, chili powder, salt and cayenne into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, adding more water if necessary. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with olives and cheese. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Santa Fe Skillet(8)
Sort By :
I make this with ground venison, use kraft spiral mac and cheese, and change the diced tomatoes to Ro*tel, original. Spices it up real nice. And I like spicey.
It was ok. A little to salty for our tastes.
It was too spicey for our taste. Maybe just half of the salsa and no chili powder would be a good starting place.
The sodium content of this is about 1/2 of a whole day's recommended allowance. Use low or no-sodium diced tomatoes out the 1/2 tsp salt, low fat cheese & sour cream will go a long way to making this a healthier meal.
I make this for a bunch of US Navy Vets that hate Hamburger Helper and love this! All I changed was to heat it up a little more!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >